IF WE CAN’T WELD, WE GLUE
The technology of gluing is more expensive than welding, especially for welding with only the contribution of energy
and without the contribution of material such as ultra sound and hot blade welding.
Gluing generally has a low installation cost and usually, if a robot is adopted, it is very flexible.
WHY TO BUY
The gluing technology is particularly suitable for productions:
- of low and medium volumes
- with strong variability of the pieces to be welded
- with welding parts not designed for welding
- with pieces not suitable for welding such as elastomers
- with painted pieces
The process requires an automation know-how in order to:
- Apply the glue according to the prescribed methods
- Move or treat parts with glue according to the needs of the adhesive
- Respect the timing so that the adhesive does not degenerate
- Ensure that the process is reliable, through the control of process parameters such as times, temperatures and forces.
- The main advantage of a gluing process is flexibility.
- It is therefore mainly used for small and medium batches of products, typically for annual batches of about a few thousands of pieces.
- Conseguently the key point of a gluing system is not so much on the process time, but on the time needed to change the model.