OUR TECHNOLOGY ALLOWS A GOOD SEELING AND GOOD MECHANICAL PERFORMANCE
Hot plate welding is base on the transmission or irradiadion of heat to the parts to be welded by a hot plate that melts some areas of hem.
The parts are held in contact with the above and below sides of the plate by pressure. Or they face the plate in order to be irradiated (welding without contact).
When the melting has been achieved the plate is removed and the molten areas of the parts i placed above and below the plate are brought into contact with pressure. During the cooling of the parts the welding will occour.
WHY TO BUY
Not localized welding that easily allows to obtain a watertight joint.
It is possible to weld several parts simoultaneously on the same machine.
A process at the state of the arts generate a joint more robust than the parts to be welded.
BROAD SPECTRUM AND WITH HIGH VERSATILITY
The welding can be adopted by a vast category of thermoplastic materials vergin, filled or pigmented.
The process is apparently very simple and it is applied to thermoplastic materials since the dawn of plastic molding.
In order achieve a good level of reliability and repeatability of the process, all the parameters that regulate it must be correctly managed and it is necessary to design a machine architecture that includes:
• An axis of vertical translation of the hot blade moved electrically
• A position control of the vertical axis by encoder
• A stress control applied by the vertical axis through a strain gauge load cell
• A hot blade heat by an electric resistance blade equipped with temperature sensors
• Movement of the hot blade between the melting position and the out-of-process position both controlled by a position sensor
The process will be controlled in:
• Hot blade temperature with alarms activated when the temperature is exceeding the maximum and minimum values set
• Melting dimension (for contact welding only) and welding dimension
• Engine torque control to generate the force that the parts are subjected to in the melting and welding phase
The process will be managed in the following feedback loops:
• Position of the pieces during the melting and the welding phases
• Force in heating phase (only for contact welding) and in cooling phase
- Dimensions: from small parts used in multi-shape with dimensions of the welding of the order of tens of millimeters to details such as
dashboard cars or pallets that reach the size of 2,000 mm.
- Burr: control of the dimensions of the burr and its containment.
- Cleaning: automatic cleaning of the blades. Use of a high temperature technology to avoid the scaling of the blades.
- Parts melting without contact with the heating element by irradiation
- Flexibility: possibility to change the equipment of the machine in less than a minute, by the use of a preheating warehouse for hot blades.